Measuring Gun Barrel
Challenge – Measuring Gun Barrel:
- Gun barrels are high production parts that require precision measurements.
- Traditional methods, such as hand gauging, are subject to inaccuracies and variable respectability, depending on an inspector technique and individual skill set.
- Hard gauging require set-up time and is limited to specific parts. In order to speed up production and achieve the necessary accuracies, an automated inspection system is required.
The VICIVISION advantage:
- VICIVISION Optical measurement system perform fast and accurate external dimensional profile measurements on a wide range of cylindrical parts.
- Measurements are done in one easy step, and no special fixturing is required.
- The adjustable upper tail stock moves easily to accommodate various size parts. VICIVISION makes it easier and faster to measure run-out, coaxiality, diameter, radii, angles, external threads and chamfers.
- VICIVISION Full-Scan processing acquires a complete profile scan of a part in one pass, allowing tens or even hundreds of dimensions to be measured in the same fast cycle time.
- The VICIVISION MTL 850 Ergon successfully measures a variety of gun barrels with reduced setup time and no special fixtures. Parts are easily secured on the machine through a locking mechanism on the adjustable upper tailstock.
- Parts are measured directly on the shop floor, providing rapid feedback to the manufacturing process.
- This automated solution provides fast, repeatable measurements for gun barrels.